- Custom clamshell and wad to ensure proper barrel alignment when exiting the barrel.
- Parting lines, variable wall thickness and sonic welding insures that the projectile is strong yet frangible (applicable to payloads).
- Patented Fin-Tailed technology enabling accuracy up to 100 feet.
- No gunpowder means discharge is 16 times quieter than standard shotgun round.
12 GAUGE FAQ'S
1. What types of shotguns are compatible with the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?- All 12 gauge shotguns with a standard cylinder bore and improved cylinder bore choke can fire the Byrna 12 gauge rounds but the following shotguns have been extensively tested:- Remington 870- Mossberg 590- Kel Tec KSG
2. How loud is the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition blast registration?- 117 decibels… 16 times quieter then a traditional shotgun blast and a similar report to our .68 caliber CO2 launchers. No hearing protection is required when shooting the Byrna 12 gauge rounds.
3. How much gunpowder does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition contain?- The Byrna 12 gauge round contains no gunpowder and is powered only by a primer.
4. Does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition have any recoil?- The Byrna 12 gauge rounds have almost no perceived recoil.
5. What is the effective range of the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?- 100 feet.
6. What safety precautions should be taken when handling the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?- As with any firearm, all normal firearm safety precautions should be taken:- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire- Treat every shotgun as if it is loaded- Do not point the shotgun at anything you do not intend to shoot- Be aware of your target and what’s behind it before firing
7. What are the storage requirements for Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?- Byrna 12 gauge ammunition should be kept in a dry area out of weather elements for longer lasting storage.
8. How does the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal shotgun ammunition compared to the current less-lethal options in the marketplace?- Most “less-lethal” ammunition on the market is sold as a novelty and has little effect on the target. All less-lethal shotgun ammunition currently used by law enforcement has a much more limited range and limited use types.
9. Is the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition legal in all 50 states?- Yes! Byrna 12 gauge rounds are legal in all 50 states, but check your local regulations before purchasing.
10. What is the shelf life of the Byrna 12-gauge less lethal ammunition?- There are no expiration dates on the Byrna 12-Gauge Kinetic ammunition. If they are stored at moderate temperatures, and dry conditions, they will function perfectly for a very long time.